Showcase Jewellers stores operating in New Zealand are franchisees of the N.Z. company JIMACO N.Z. Ltd. JIMACO N.Z. Ltd is wholly owned by JIMACO Australia Ltd - which has over 280 Australian based Showcase Jewellers stores affiliated to it.
All N.Z. based Showcase Jewellers are shareholders in JIMACO Australia, in the same way that their Australian based counterparts are.
The JIMACO NZ Member Support Centre is located in Napier. This Support Centre provides essential adminstrative and management expertise and support in respect of N.Z. member accounts processing, product distribution where the supply origin is outside of N.Z., conference planning, and general management across the range of operating and marketing activities that relate to JIMACO NZ.
Showcase Jewellers have been operating successfully in the Australian market since 1981, and are now operating with equal success in the N.Z. market.
The establishment of JIMACO NZ occured in coincidence with Gemtime members choosing to merge into the Showcase Jewellers structure in the latter part of 2010 - which saw Gemtime N.Z. Ltd cease trading as at 28th February 2011.
TOP OF PAGE
The Showcase Jewellers Strategic Plan - which is typically prepared on a 5 year cycle - provides a concrete framework for the development and enhancement of Showcase Jewellers store operations and a focus for the implementation of projects/ resources by JIMACO management.
Upon a jeweller entering into the required 'Jeweller Documents ' to formalise their commitment to become Showcase Jewellers, the member receives a shareholding in JIMACO Australia. Once a shareholder, each member has the same voting rights on shareholder matters/ issues/ opportunities as all other members in either country.
Affordability of Showcase Jewellers Promotions
An annual JIMACO NZ National Marketing Activity Schedule is funded by financial contributions received from both JIMACO NZ members and relevant Showcase Preferred Suppliers. This schedule comprises attractive catalogue promotions, creative merchandising material and other marketing resources which individual Showcase Jewellers choose to incorporate in their respective businesses.
Identification of Product for National Promotions
Representatives of the JIMACO NZ Steering Committee (which wholly comprises elected N.Z. member representatives) are charged with the responsibility of selecting appropriate products to feature in Showcase Jewellers catalogue promotions, and for the sign-off of catalogue artwork before it is committed to print.
Showcase Preferred Supplier Relationships
Based on a range of defined criterion (including: historic and current levels of member purchases, estimated future levels of purchases, strength of working relationship, delivery reliability, etc), 'Preferred Supplier' status is awarded to qualifying industry suppliers. These companies, in return for favourable trading terms:
- Are given the opportunity to feature product in relevant Showcase Jewellers catalogue promotions;
- Are invited to attend Showcase Jewellers Special Buying Meetings which typically take place just prior to key jewellery trade fairs that Showcase Jewellers schedules its own conferences around;
- Enjoy the convenience of the centralised invoice service performed by JIMACO's accounts administration team;
- Are invited to take advantage of opportunities to produce particular customised/ exclusive product specifications for members from time to time.
Apart from a strong contingent of Showcase Preferred Suppliers engaged in N.Z., Showcase Jewellers operating in N.Z. also have access to a large number of such suppliers that are based in Australia. In the case of those N.Z. member product purchase orders which relate to Showcase Preferred Suppliers that are located off-shore, the JIMACO Australia and JIMACO NZ Support Centres facilitate the movement and accounting of this product so that N.Z. members receive their orders hassle-free. This includes: JIMACO taking care of N.Z. members' customs clearances on their behalf, and although the off-shore supplier may generate an invoice to the member which reflects the currency of the country that the supplier is locate in (e.g. AUD), N.Z. members need only pay these invoices in New Zealand Dollars to JIMACO NZ.
Typcially JIMACO Australia schedules two (2) Showcase Jewellers conferences on Australia soil per calendar year - which coincide with the Australian Jewellery Fair events.
In addition, at least one (1) Showcase Jewellers conference is scheduled to take place on N.Z. soil each year - typically in coincidence with the timing of the Jewellers & Watchmakers (N.Z.) Jewellery Trade Fair.
In relation to ALL Showcase Jewellers conferences, ALL Showcase Jewellers members in both countries are welcome (and are encouraged) to attend.
These conferences are organised well in advance of the event, and apart from providing for: commercial issues/ opportunities to be discussed in an open forum, guest speakers (industry practitioners, professional motivational speakers and commerce academics) deliver uplifting presentations, and informative workshops are provided to increase members' knowledge in a particular areas (e.g. product knowledge, e-commerce, strategic planning, staff relations, etc).
In between national conferences, clusters of stores (or 'zones') gather together to discuss topical issues. Quite often, this format gives members the opportunity to discuss and develop issues/ opportunities that are then later presented at national conferences. Members consider that these sort of meeitings are an excellent way of maintaining close communications with other members, and are a good platform for exchanging ideas and resolving certain issues.
Over and above face-to-face conference/ meeting occasions, members have access to an easy-to-use intranet 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, which enables members to e-communicate with any Showcase person (member/ management) in either country that they choose.
TOP OF PAGE
- Belonging to Australasia's premier group of independent jewellers - enjoy the pursuit of excellence alongside other like-minded motivated jewellery retailers.
- Belonging to one of the largest jeweller buying/ marketing groups in Australasia - enjoy the sense of stability and security which come with such large scale.
- Enjoy the security of a definitive Member Agreement, which provides trading territory protection for each member and which clearly sets-out the expectations of each party.
- Access to many (over 100) Showcase Preferred Suppliers - and the vast range of product design choices that come with this coverage.
- Considerable tangible stock purchasing advantages - member discounts, exclusive designs, etc - which are only achievable by belonging to a group of this sort of scale.
- First class marketing resources, put together by people who have considerable experience at producing publications which deliver tangible results.
- Access to a tremendous human resource base which offers a wealth of knowledge, experience and support - both the Australasian membership and the management teams in the JIMACO Australia and JIMACO NZ Support Centres.
- Access to a well structured and jeweller-specific online Staff Training Programme called 'C.A.R.E. (Customers Really Are Everything).
- The opportunity to participate as a merchant partner in the AA Rewards Programme - access to one of the largest customer databases in N.Z.
- The opportunity to access and offer many different customer finance options provided by Gilrose Finance and Fisher & Paykel Finance (including: Q Card and Farmers Card).
- Have Approved Supplier status in relation to Vero Insurance, Tower Insurance and IAG (N.Z.) Insurance.
- Feature online in the well presented N.Z. Showcase Jewellers website: www.showcasejewellers.co.nz
- Be well connected to all other Showcase Members and JIMACO management via easy-to-use e-communication tools.
- Use the password protected member-only 'Intranet' to send group e-mail, update web site store details, add product into Jewellery Galleries, offer product for sale to other members, and more.
- Enjoy making only a single account payment each month to JIMACO NZ (and only ever in New Zealand Dollars) in relation to all product purchased from Showcase Preferred Suppliers.
- Attend well organised and professionally executed conferences over the course of each year.
- Enjoy access to professional external consultants in areas such as stock procurement planning, overall business planning, etc.
- Enjoy heavily subsidised owner/ manager level training delivered by high calibre experts, where you participate in training workshops with other like-minded members.
- Click here to find out why Showcase is the ideal business model for independently minded jewellery retailers.
TOP OF PAGE
JIMACO N.Z. Ltd Support Centre
- The JIMACO N.Z. Ltd Member Support Centre, consisting of the General Manager, a Product Administrator and an Accounts Administrator, provides the following services to Showcase Jewellers:
- Provides a process for single payment of product purchases relating to Showcase Preferred Suppliers each month, saving members significant administrative time in their stores.
- Collates, and reports on member business performance pertaining to a range of trading parameters, including: the tracking of member turnover, foot traffic trends, sales conversion rates, and member purchases directed to Showcase Preferred Suppliers.
- Offers operational advice to members as/when requested
- Provides direct input into the preparation of the annual JIMACO NZ Marketing Activity Schedule and Showcase Jewellers Strategic Plan.
- Plans and facilitates Showcase Jewellers national conferences which are scheduled to take place on N.Z. soil.
- Provides support to the JIMACO NZ Steering Committee.
JIMACO NZ Steering Committee
The JIMACO NZ Steering Committee, comprising representatives who are JIMACO members (i.e. Showcase Jewellers store owners) exclusively, is primarily responsible for addressing key operational issues/ opportunities as a :filtering body' to the JIMACO CEO/ JIMACO Board of Directors. Such activities include:
a) Evaluation of new member applications.
b) Selection of appropriate product to feature in Showcase Jewellers catalogue promotions.
c) Sign-off on artwork that relates to the JIMACO NZ Marketing Activity Schedule.
d) Evaluates and has input on new commercial opportunities from a member perspecitive.
e) Resolves - or assists in resolving - relevant member grievances if/ when they arise.
JIMACO NZ members elect their preferred member representative(s) onto the JIMACO Board of Directors - which comprises both N.Z. member representatives and Australian member representatives. All JIMACO directors work in the best interests of members in both countries, and all directors are equally accountable to all shareholders in both countries. The JIMACO Board of Directors empowers the JIMACO CEO to manage the commercial affairs of the Australasian Showcase Jewellers Group prudently and within the management and governance parameters set by the Board.
Members, as independent jewellers - yet affiliated to the Showcase Jewellers Group, have the freedom to direct and manage their respective businesses in the manner that they judge best serves the interests of their businesses. However, as a member of JIMACO NZ (or JIMACO Australia), all members must also work in accordance with the provisions of their JIMACO Members Agreement and the JIMACO Company Constitution.
There are two main classifications of members:
a) A Class Members - these members have access to all of the buying advantages, central billing functions, training programmes, marketing initiatives and resources, Showcase Jewellers conferences, and online features that JIMACO Australia and JIMACO NZ offer. These members have the right (and must) identify their store with 'Showcase Jewellers' branding.
b) B Class Members - these members have access to all of the same buying advantages, central billing functions and Showcase Jewellers conferences that A Class members are entitled to, but not all of the other services/ programmes/ resources that are available to A Class members. B Class members are not permitted to promote their trading identity as 'Showcase Jewellers'.
All members have the same voting rights when it comes to voting on relevant shareholder issues/ opportunities.
TOP OF PAGE
If you are currently an independent jewellery retailer who would like to explore the possibility of becoming a N.Z. member of Showcase Jewellers in more depth, please feel encouraged to contact any of the JIMACO Support Centre personnel below:
JIMACO NZ -
Peter Alexander - General Manager
Phone: 06 843-4337
JIMACO Australia -
Michael Mishevski - CEO
Phone: 0061 2 8582-2011
TOP OF PAGE